Ok I thought I could do this pretty easily but it has been a challenge. I can easily get to 100-120 range but trying to get to 140 is a challenge! I drank a protein shake before bed because I had some calories to spare. Today I got focused and up early here is what I had...
Breakfast 3 eggs with turkey = 26.9
Snack mean green shake with Greek yogurt = 23
Lunch spinach salad with chicken = 20
Snack protein shake = 22 grams with almond milk
Dinner eight layer casserole = 27
Snack protein shake = 22
Total = 140.9
That took planning and effort ;). Below is the recipe for 8 layer casserole and zesty chicken casserole (I made changes but have both ways here)
8 layer
6 oz whole wheat noodles
1 lb lean ground beef (90-10)
2 Cans of tomato sauce
1 tsp of basil
1/4 garlic powder
1/2 tsp sugar (didn't use)
1/4 salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 8oz of sour cream (I use fat free)
1 Pkg cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
1/2 c milk (almond milk)
Small onion chopped
10 oz of frozen spinach (I used fresh)
1 cup of cheese
(I added in mushrooms)
Cook meat add onions and mushrooms add sauce and all seasonings
boil noodles
Blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth stir in milk
Spray casserole dish and then place half of the noodles on bottom
Top with half meat mixture then half cream cheese mixture and then all of spinach
Then meat then noodles
Cover and chill remaining cc mixture
Cover dish and bake on 350 for 45 mins then spread cc mixture sprinkle with cheese bake uncovered 10 mins
I'll post the zesty enchilada later ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment